Sunday, July 4, 2010

IF: Giant

Flower Power: "Becky, did you put all that plant food to grow your flower? ... and where are my sunflowers?!"

I've been meaning to read 'Botany of Desire' and so I just could not get away from the giant flowers and foods idea - it seems fun and fantastic! So I went with a giant flower idea.... and then I thought about what would be a real nightmare for kids... the thought of having to eat a giant vegetable!!!! Funnily enough, my kid loves Brocolli, but other veggies are a hit or miss!


I'm trying out aquarelle/water soluble pastels - Its fast and fun, but I have yet to work on my neatness! I wonder what kind of paper would work best though... anyway, had tons of fun!!!

9 comments:

  1. I like both of them but as a former child the bottom one is really funny...I run into problems all of the time with my little ones not understanding proper context lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved ur illustrations..gr8 job.....for the colour problem.....considering working on paper which is good for water colour...cos ur last touch up is water based..... and since it has nice texture...working with water soluble pencil is fun on this paper....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mohita, really love your giant vegetable illustration, great idea, made me smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. Sayantan, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, great take on the theme Mohita! Unbelievably my kids love vegies! They would just love to snack on giant capsicum or celery stick (however brocolli they won't touch!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mohita, this is so fun!
    HA HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh! that flower is dangerous? :0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever! Nice work, and I particularly like your satellite!

    ReplyDelete